What is the jio speed test?
Jio is a telecommunication company in India and the most prominent mobile network operator in India. Jio provides LTE services to its customer. It doesn’t provide 2G and 3G services. Recently, Jio has expanded its horizon more than those traditional mobile telecom operators. Jio offers many services, such as JioFiber. Wi-Fi calling, and JioTV Plus.
The Jio speed test is the online assessment of your Jio internet connection speed. The speed test of Jio determines your connection speed, upload speed, download speed, latency, and network jitter. The jio speed measures and generate the result about your internet speed and make sure that either you are getting the speed you are promised or there is a negative slope in your average speed than what you are paying.
How to measure the Jio Internet Speed?
To measure the jio internet speed, you can perform a Jio internet speed test. This test is reliable, reproducible, and easy to use. Jio speed test measures and determines the actual internet speed. Multiple factors can cause multiple reasons to decrease the quality of internet speed. Therefore, the Jio internet Speed test should be run to evaluate the potential cause and solution of a problem. Once you get your result and find any problem, you can contact your internet service provider and discuss the problem.
How to run the Jio internet speed test?
With one click, you can run the Jio internet speed test. It Is that easy to use. Once run, the speed test of Jio can automatically determine your location and give you your internet connection speed.
The following are some guidelines to follow to run the Jio internet speed test;
- Open your browser tab and go to the search bar.
- Type www.fastspeed.us and click enter.
- See that “GO” in a circle? Click it.
- With a single click, our tool will automatically determine your area.
- This runs the Jio speed test tool, and your result will be displayed on your screen within seconds.
- You will get the internet connection, download speed, upload speed, jitter, and return rate.
- If you find any deviation in your connection speed from the average, contact your internet services provider and discuss the issue.
The Jio speed test tool will provide a stable internet connection speed value.
Parameters of Jio speed test tool
Internet speed test tool works on specific algorithms. Jio speed test tool, too, works with a specific algorithm, having specific parameters and determining internet connection speed while measuring those factors. These parameters are,
Delay time (ping)
Delay time is also called Ping or latency. It is the time during which data reaches and returns to the server. Usually, the lower the ping, the better the internet speed, and a customer will get satisfactory results. It is measured in milliseconds.
The amount of data downloaded for a specific time is known as downloading speed. It determines the time required to download a file, video, audio, and game and the quality of online videos. It is measured in Mbps.
Upload speed is the total amount of data sent at a particular time to the server. This significantly influences the time required to send data of various sizes and emails with large attachments. It is measured in Mbps.
Jitter is measured in milliseconds. It is the total time required for data to reach its endpoint. One hundred milliseconds are considered ideal for data transmission. It can cause hindrances in streaming videos, audio, and online games.
Factors influencing internet connection speed
Many factors influence internet connection speed in one way or another. Recognizing and pinpointing these factors helps you identify the cause of the potential problem.
Some of these factors are listed below.
- Exposed copper wiring
- The modem is placed near a heavy transmission cable
- Engagement of multiple devices at the same time
- Extreme Weather conditions interrupt the quality and speed of the internet.
- Broken or weak LAN wires
- Weak wireless LAN signals
- Not clearing cache regularly
Keep yourself updated regarding any issue related to these factors and work on it because any of these factors will result in slow internet connection speed.
How to improve internet connection?
When you pinpoint the cause of the problem, finding the solution is easy. You can improve your internet connection speed by following some guidelines. These are;
- Clear the cache regularly
- Be in the range of your router and modem
- Keep your modem and router updated
- Download each file at a time
- Check for exposed wiring
- Use highly sealed copper wire
- Reduce the load by decreasing the number of user devices
- Place your router indoor
- Refresh your modem and router
Why do you need to run the Jio internet speed test?
Sometimes you are not getting the internet connection speed of what you are paying for. The problem can be either at the user end or the ISP end. Internet speed is less than the average or according to your subscribed package. To find out the actual internet connection speed of your Jio internet, you need to run a Jio internet speed test.
The Jio speed test tool will help you determine about services provided by the internet service provider and other factors, including download speed and upload speed.
Recommended To Read: Why Do You Need Hathway Speed Test? – Explained
Before running the Jio speed test
It would be best if you kept in my mind before running the Jio speed test that multiple factors can cause less accuracy in results. So run the test 2-3 times to get an average result. Moreover, the time of the day and the area of your location can also affect the generated report.
Following are some steps you should consider before running the speed test.
- Disconnect all VPN
- Disconnect all other devices except for the one you are using to run the test
- Use Ethernet cable
- Clear the cache before running the test
- Refresh the modem by cutting electricity for one minute